What sets Nuance PDF Reader apart from other free PDF software? It includes features typically found in premium products.
Consider these advantages:
ENHANCED! Create a condensed, "paper-friendly" summary of all comments that have been added to a PDF document. Get a complete view of who added which comment and when.
NEW! With Nuance PDF Reader you can view rich media including Silverlight® directly within PDF files.
NEW! Perform Smarter Searches with the intelligent Looks Like Search™ to quickly find content - such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and Social Security numbers - via an alphanumeric pattern rather than exact text.
NEW! View multi-layer graphics - Get better visibility into graphics by viewing individual layers created by programs like AutoCAD® and Microsoft Visio®.
NEW! Preview MS Office files directly within PDF Portfolios, eliminating the hassle of having to open each file within the native authoring software to see what is contained in the document. When a PDF Portfolio can contain hundreds of files you can quickly identify the single document you need.
NEW! Got Pro? Enjoy the convenience of complete desktop conversion with PDF Converter Professional while maintaining Nuance PDF Reader as your default viewer. Get the best of both worlds when you have PDF Converter Professional installed on your PC but prefer to use Nuance PDF Reader as your default viewer.
NEW! Store the digital ID certificates of your partners and colleagues in Nuance PDF Reader and use them to verify digitally signed documents.
NEW! Use the improved interface for multiple-string searches and locate sensitive information within a searchable PDF file. Multiple-string searches allow you to refine your search criteria and pinpoint exactly what you are looking for.
NEW! View messages and notifications directly within Nuance PDF Reader. With the new Messages Panel you have the option to view messages and notifications from Nuance and take advantage of special discounts on Nuance products. Saving you time and money when researching additional Nuance products or upgrade information.
Fill and save PDF forms - Most other PDF viewers do not enable you to fill and save PDF forms without support from a premium product. Nuance PDF Reader is perfect for all kinds of applications and forms, including childcare reimbursement forms, quarterly tax forms, expense reports, purchase orders, surveys and more.
Use less disk space - At 200 MB, Adobe® Reader® takes up some serious disk space. Fully installed, Nuance PDF Reader uses less than 60 MB and you get features that you do not find in Adobe Reader. Talk about getting more for less.
Annotate PDFs - PDF files are great for sharing information, but without the right tools, they're not so great for collaboration. Nuance PDF Reader provides frequently used annotation tools, letting you highlight, cross-out, and underline text for real collaboration.
Convert PDF files to Word, Excel, or RTF - With our free PDF Reader, you get the most accurate online PDF conversion available - without having to install extra software. No more copying and pasting or retyping PDF documents. Just use our hosted web service to convert PDF to Word, Excel, RTF or WordPerfect using Nuance's industry-leading OCR technology. It's never been easier to upload, convert, and start using information previously trapped in a PDF.
Enjoy 100% Compatibility With Adobe Acrobat - With support for all PDF standards up to the current version (1.7), Nuance Reader is 100% compatible with Adobe Acrobat®. So you can be confident that it will work with virtually any PDF file.
Work With PDF Portfolios - In addition to supporting the full set of PDF standards, Nuance Reader supports PDF portfolios - collections of various file types assembled into a PDF. You can access each file independently of others in the portfolio and open them using the native authoring software.
Integration With Microsoft SharePoint - Now you can access and open files stored in your SharePoint® repository, or save edited files directly back to SharePoint all from within our free PDF Reader.
Stop wasting time with free PDF viewers that fall short of your needs. Download the new Nuance PDF Reader for free and enjoy a better reader experience.
PDF Converter Professional 7 is loaded with features and functionality designed specifically to save you time and make you more productive. Now you can scan paper into PDF files, assemble documents as quickly and easily as shuffling paper on your desk, and even convert selected areas of a page in order to extract tables or reuse content simply and easily.
PDF Converter Professional 7 is smarter as well, automatically identifying scanned or image-only PDF files for you, and offering to make them searchable or even editable. PDF Converter can also check your spelling and suggest corrections, or using the PDF autopilot it can run a series of commands on an entire group of PDF files. PDF Converter Professional 7 is truly better PDF. Upgrade to PDF Converter Professional 7 and do more with your PDF files and save more time than ever before!
- Easy document assembly lets you visually assemble documents as easily as shuffling paper on your desk.
- Direct scan to PDF saves you time by directly converting paper to PDF from virtually any scanner or All-in-One device.
- Creating searchable PDF files on the fly is easy with new image-only PDF auto-detection and conversion.
- Create PDF Portfolios allowing you to place multiple files, even folders within a single PDF file.
- Compare a PDF file with a Word document for clear document comparison to quickly identify differences in versions, or changes that have been made to a document or contract
- Convert page areas to editable text by selecting a part of a PDF page such as a table or a paragraph and convert into Word, Excel, WordPerfect or PowerPoint format without having to process the whole page.
- Check the spelling of text as you type and eliminate typos as you enter text into sticky notes, text boxes or when you use the new Typewriter.
- Write anywhere in your PDF with the new Typewriter making it easy to add text to any PDF by simply clicking and typing.
- PDF autopilot batch processing enables you to apply popular commands like adding watermarks, page numbers, stamps, printing files or migrating PDF comments on a set of PDF files and put them in a selected location automatically.
Nuance PDF Reader Features Summary
- View PDF and XPS documents -- Open, view and navigate virtually any PDF and XPS document
- Convert to editable text (with NuancePDF.com) — Easily and accurately convert your PDF file to Word, Excel, RTF or WordPerfect.
- Print with comments — Print a PDF file that has been edited with or without comments and markups.
- Looks Like Search™ — Use keywords, phrases and even patterns to search your entire PDF file or a set of PDF files and get a dynamic list of all matching instances.
- PDF Portfolios and packages — Open and navigate PDF Portfolios and packages. Save their content as separate files.
- Adobe Flash® and Microsoft Silverlight — Supports playback of embedded Flash and Silver Light rich media
- Movie playback — Supports playback of embedded movie files
- Layer support – View and navigate layered PDF files
- Verify signed documents – View digital signatures in signed PDF documents and verify their authenticity with stored certificates.
- Highlight important words and sentences
- Cross out text
- Underline text
- Create comment summaries
- Save PDF forms that you have filled in and keep for future reference and distribution.
- Support for XML-based forms
- Highlight form fields
- See which form fields are active. Select this option to highlight all active form fields in your PDF file.
- Reset form fields
- Clear all form fields that have been filled in.
- Auto complete option
- Automatically fills in form fields with previously entered information such as names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Attachments panel — See the list of attachments in your PDF file and save them to your desktop.
- Bookmarks panel — Shows list of clickable bookmarks that will take you to a page within a PDF file.
- Comments panel — View the comments and authors that added them to a PDF file.
- Destinations panel — Shows list of clickable destinations that will take you to a location on page within a PDF.
- Pages panel — Shows thumbnail pages for entire document.
- Model tree panel — View model tree of 3D objects. Select render mode, camera angle, zoom and more.
- Signatures panel — See the list of digital signatures in the PDF document.
- Messages panel — View messages and notifications directly from within Nuance PDF Reader.
Grid and rulers
- Available in points, millimeters, centimeters and inches, the built in rulers and grid are especially helpful when reviewing plans and drawings.
- Open PDF files directly from your favorite SharePoint repositories.
- Save edited PDF files and forms directly to SharePoint repositories.
- Accessible user interface — Nuance PDF Reader commands are available with simple key combinations.
- Support for tagged PDF files — Tagged PDF documents as well as menu items can be read back with screen readers such as Jaws.
Minimum system requirements for Nuance PDF Reader
- A computer with an Intel® Pentium® or higher processor or equivalent
- Supported operating systems
- Windows XP 32-bit Edition with Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit Editions with Service Pack 1
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit Editions
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or above
- 256 MB of memory (RAM), 512 MB recommended
- 50 MB of free hard disk space for application files plus 50 MB working space during installation
- SVGA monitor with 256 colors, but preferably 16-bit color (called Medium Color in XP) and 800 x 600 pixel resolution
- Windows-compatibl pointing device
- Web access needed for document conversion, product registration and obtaining live updates for the program.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements.