EMC Partner Solutions
eCopy extends the value of the following EMC solutions:
- Content Server
- Captiva InputAccel
- Captiva Dispatcher
- Information Rights Management (IRM) Services
- Infoscape & RSA DLP Suite
eCopy Connector for EMC Documentum
Enables scanned documents to be directly stored within Content Server. The end user can select the appropriate location for the scanned document and identify if a QuickFlow or EMC IRM should be applied to the document once it reaches the repository.
- Download EMC Documentum Connector data sheet
EMC Captiva InputAccel Connector for eCopy
Handling paper documents is typically a manual process, which often includes shipping documents from remote locations to a central office for further processing. Compared to electronic methods, these manual processes are inefficient, costly and often require significant time for paper based content to become usable across an organization. Pairing InputAccel with ShareScan software allows paper documents to be scanned and indexed remotely from an MFP and delivered directly to the InputAccel. Implementing a distributed capture solution allows organizations to streamline distributed manual paper processing, reduce costs and accelerates business processes.
- Converts paper documents into digital files for easier compliance with regulations such as SOX, HIPPA and FISMA.
- Enables on-demand scanning while continuing to leverage standardized, centralized capture processes.
- Leverages existing network-enabled multifunction copiers and scanners.
- Creates an electronic audit trail and controls access to sensitive paper documents.
- Download EMC InputAccel Connector Data sheet
- Frost & Sullivan White Paper: Distributed Capture - Reducing Costs, Removing Bottlenecks and Mitigating Risks
- Distributed Capture in Financial Services
eCopy & EMC Captiva Dispatcher
Intelligent Document Recognition enables organizations to cope with enormous volumes and varieties of documents, reduce time to value of information, and lessen the IT burden of supporting multiple point solutions. With its advanced classification and data extraction technology, EMC Captiva Dispatcher eases and speeds the processing of multiple types of incoming documents. It automatically classifies forms before extracting the data and exporting to an ECM system, without manual intervention. However, Captiva Dispatcher is normally invoked within a production environment, once the user has left the input device.
Combined with eCopy, the dynamic capture process starts at the multifunction copier or scanner. Data is classified, extracted, and validated before it enters the corporate network or ECM system.
- Reduces or eliminates the costs associated with shipping documents
- Incorporates paper documents and data into a workflow faster, accelerating the flow of information throughout an organization
- Reduces or eliminates the cost associated with information mishandling
- Empowers knowledge workers at remote offices to capture key documents and data at source
- Download EMC Solution Brief: Distributed Capture: Intelligent Document Recognition at the Input Device
EMC IRM Services for eCopy
IRM Services enables organizations to control, secure, and track sensitive information wherever it resides - within a work group, across departments, or with partners and suppliers outside the firewall. By applying rights that determine who can view, edit, print, or forward information, organizations can ensure that sensitive information remains secure as it is shared both internally and externally. When business needs change, firms can dynamically change or revoke access policies and confirm compliance with corporate policies through a detailed audit trail of all activity.
EMC IRM Services for eCopy enables dynamic protection and control of paper-based information, as it is scanned at the input device.
- The eCopy audit capability can be integrated within the IRM audit to provide a complete, detailed audit trail.
- The end user is challenged to select the appropriate IRM Policy at the multifunction copier or scanner.
Download EMC IRM Services for eCopy Solution Overview
EMC Infoscape & RSA DLP Suite
Using eCopy development tools, the eCopy solution can be integrated with EMC Infoscape and RSA DLP Suite. Infoscape is able to dynamically analyze, and classify, documents as they are created by eCopy. This will enforce control and compliance of inbound paper-based information to ensure it is stored in accordance with an organization's information classification policy.