Nuance, MEDITECH, IMO Collaboration to Automate Patient Problem Lists and Support Regulatory Reporting
Eases Reporting Burdens on Physicians through Efficient and Accurate Translation of the Patient Narrative into Discrete Data for EHRs
HIMSS, Chicago, April 13, 2015 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) announced today a collaboration with Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) and MEDITECH to take rich clinical narratives from physician notes, extract key facts as structured data and automatically populate patient problem lists and allergy lists using physician-friendly terminologies to preserve clinical intent of physician documentation in the EHR. This unique approach enables healthcare providers to translate unstructured narrative text into clinically-accurate, discrete data in the EHR to support patient problem lists for Meaningful Use as well as requirements for ICD-10 compliance, and quality reporting.
“This collaboration between Nuance, MEDITECH, and IMO is exciting because it will make it easier for doctors to efficiently create accurate, structured patient problem lists in the EHR and to comply with other documentation requirements that are useful to their healthcare system. It will allow doctors to stay focused on their patients and worry less about how to share their recommendations electronically within their work environment,” says S. Luke Webster, M.D, vice president & CMIO, CHRISTUS Health.
This innovative process overcomes common challenges physicians have creating problem lists in the EHR, providing efficiencies and relief through simply converting narrative created during physician documentation into real-time, actionable information for medical decision making:
- Physicians can use Nuance Dragon Medical 360 real-time speech recognition or a mix of voice recognition and structured physician documentation sections to create a clinically-rich narrative at the point of care, which reflects the full patient's condition.
- Nuance's Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) engine analyzes the physician free text narrative and extracts key patient information, such as patient problems and allergies in real time as discrete, structured data.
- IMO®'s (iC) Intelligent Connect platform automatically maps this to IMO's terminology libraries, and to standardized code sets, thus preserving clinical intent while supporting clinical documentation standards for interoperability and continuity of care.
- The full patient story is then available in MEDITECH's EHR including structured data, unlocked from previously unstructured patient information, and this can now be analyzed and used for a variety of reporting and compliance measures including Meaningful Use, quality management and clinical decision making.
To learn more about this collaboration, please contact Nuance@e-imo.com and visit Nuance (booth #1831), IMO (booth #3408) and MEDITECH (booth #6315) at the 2015 Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS15) Annual Conference in Chicago April 13-16. Nuance, IMO and Meditech will be launching an early adopter program to test this with healthcare providers.
- "MEDITECH is thrilled to collaborate with Nuance and IMO to give physicians the best possible documentation experience," said Helen Waters, MEDITECH vice president of sales and marketing. "Thanks to this fact extraction process, physicians can capture actionable clinical data, such as patient problems and allergies without changing workflow or taking any additional steps, further supporting our customers' ability to meet Meaningful Use and ICD-10 mandates, improve analytics, and ultimately better the entire patient experience, including patient outcomes."
- Frank Naeymi-Rad, Ph.D., chairman and CEO of IMO said: "This remarkable new solution shows how innovative thinking and a shared vision can deliver a new generation of clinical documentation that will allow our vendor-partners and clinical users to deliver the best patient care possible."
Connect with Nuance on social media through the healthcare blog, What’s next, as well as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Intelligent Medical Objects, Inc., (IMO) is the developer of the most widely-accepted medical terminology solution for the management of medical vocabularies and software applications at healthcare organizations worldwide. IMO's terminology is used by more than 3,000 hospitals and 3400,000 physicians daily, and this trusted terminology platform supports innovations by provider systems. IMO medical vocabulary and mapping products effectively capture clinical intent and help EMRs preserve and communicate this across the entire spectrum of care. IMO clinical terms are mapped to all standard coding systems including ICD-9, ICD-10 and SNOMED®, The accuracy of IMO’s interface terminology was found to be ‘nearly perfect’ in an independent study published by the US Centers for Disease Control. Read more at www.e-imo.com. Follow @IMOsolutions on Twitter.
Today, more than 2,400 institutions worldwide use MEDITECH’s fully integrated, interoperable EHR to provide healthcare to the communities they serve. Their robust, patient-centered technology spans the healthcare continuum, including unique functional capacity for the following environments: ambulatory care, acute care, long-term care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, and home health care.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Dragon Medical 360 and Nuance Clinical Language Understanding are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names referenced herein may be the property of their respective owners.