Nuance Clintegrity 360 Computer-Assisted Coding Gains Rapid Market Adoption with more than 40 New Customer Wins
Clintegrity Improves Coder Productivity up to 89 Percent as Key Step Toward ICD-10 Preparedness with Immediate Financial Improvements
BURLINGTON, Mass., – September 3, 2013 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced that more than 40 leading provider organizations have chosen Nuance Clintegrity 360™│Computer-Assisted Coding (CAC) to drive improved quality and financial performance as the October 2014 deadline for ICD-10 compliance rapidly approaches. Based on Nuance’s advanced Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) technology, this solution helps healthcare organizations improve coding productivity up to 89 percent and enhances quality, which reduce billing delays and risk of denials.
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, part of the MediSys Health Network in New York, recently implemented Nuance’s Clintegrity solution, which is fully integrated with the hospital’s Epic electronic health record (EHR) system. As an important first step, Jamaica physicians document all of their notes electronically, many dictating their clinical documentation using Nuance Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition. Dragon Medical enables them to capture the patient story more comprehensively, while improving their own efficiency and creating higher quality documentation for the hospital’s coding and clinical documentation improvement (CDI) teams.
“Nuance’s CAC solution is a smart use of technology to help our staff significantly improve productivity now, reduces our time to bill from five days to one day and is important in preparing us for the ICD-10 transition,” said Regina Lieb, director of health information management (HIM), Jamaica Hospital. “The intuitive design and seamless integration with Epic has allowed us to realize significant efficiencies while ensuring the right information is shared between our systems.”
In addition to Jamaica Hospital, more than 40 other leading healthcare provider organizations have recently chosen Nuance’s Clintegrity 360 │Computer-Assisted Coding including:
- Catholic Health
- INTEGRIS Health
- Lima Memorial Health System
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Nyack Hospital
- Summit Health
- Union Hospital
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center
- WellSpan Health
These provider organizations join more than 10,000 other healthcare institutions and 500,000 physicians worldwide that rely on Nuance for their mission-critical, voice-enabled clinical documentation solutions.
“Customers are choosing Clintegrity 360 solutions to ease their transition to ICD-10 and value-based payments while making sure they are properly reimbursed for the care they deliver,” said Janet Dillione, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Healthcare. “These organizations are choosing Clintegrity because they know that the key factors to optimize their revenue cycle and quality reporting include empowering physicians to create timely and complete clinical documentation while supporting optimized workflows for their coding and CDI teams - and they know that our solutions uniquely drive physician adoption.”
Nuance’s Computer-Assisted Coding solution is part of the larger Clintegrity 360 offering that provides customers with a single, web-based platform for coding, compliance and CDI. This intelligent system revolutionizes the clinical documentation process with a simpler, end-to-end solution that provides a more natural and efficient way for clinicians to rapidly create more complete and compliant clinical documentation within their existing workflow while simultaneously improving coding and downstream revenue cycle and quality reporting processes.
Nuance's Clintegrity 360 includes the following key components:
- Advanced CLU Technology – Built upon Nuance’s advanced natural language processing technology, and based on the world’s largest medical ontology, CLU automatically extracts structured clinical information from clinical narrative and suggests both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes and CDI clarifications.
- Computer-Assisted Coding and Compliance – The only single, web-based platform for ICD-9 and native ICD-10 coding and compliance. These capabilities enable staff to code in ICD-10 without the need for GEMS mapping from ICD-9 to ICD-10. This reduces the risk of a large volume of unspecified ICD-10 codes and related payer denials.
- Embedded Clinical Documentation Improvement Solution – Within the same workflow, Clintegrity provides clinically-focused, evidence-based CDI guidelines and processes successfully used in more than 500 implementations to help customers achieve a 4-8 percent Case Mix Index (CMI) improvement while simultaneously improving critical quality and compliance-related measures including severity of illness, risk of mortality and present on admission.
- Computer-Assisted Physician Documentation – Clintegrity leverages Nuance’s CLU engine to automatically suggest CDI clarifications to physicians in real time while they are concurrently documenting within their native EHR workflow, providing more complete documentation, higher staff productivity and improved physician satisfaction.
- ICD-10 Education – Nuance provides customers with a full suite of ICD-10 Education Services including coding, advanced coding, CDS and physician education content (by specialty) and project management.
Connect with Nuance on social media through the healthcare blog, For the Health of IT and Twitter.
About Nuance Communications, Inc
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance, the Nuance logo, Nuance Clintegrity 360, and Dragon Medical 360 Network Edition are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names referenced herein may be the property of their respective owners.