Nuance is Transforming the Customer Service Landscape, Named Winner Across Multiple Categories at The 2015 Stevie® Awards for Sales & Customer Service
Nuance Emerges as Leader at the 2015 Stevie® Awards for Delivering Intelligent and Innovative Customer Service Solutions
BURLINGTON, Mass., – March 3, 2015 – Nuance Communications, Inc. today announced that it emerged as a leader at The 2015 Stevie® Awards for Sales & Customer Service, winning across six categories for innovation and excellence. Nuance was chosen as a winner from more than 1,900 companies nominated, demonstrating Nuance’s leadership in providing unparalleled customer service experiences.
During the February 27th Gala Banquet held in Las Vegas, Nuance, alongside several of its customers, was named a winner across six categories. Nuance was recognized for creating seamless experiences through multi-channel self-service solutions, including voice biometrics, Nina- the virtual assistant, conversational IVR, and proactive engagement. This validates Nuance’s ability to enable organizations to deliver intelligent self-service that helps customers to quickly and easily get what they need from businesses – how, when and where they want.
Nuance and its customers were honored with the following 2015 Stevie® Awards for Sales & Customer Service:
- Nuance’s Conversational IVR and TalkTalk – Gold, Innovation in Customer Service (Telecommunications). TalkTalk partnered with Nuance to deploy natural language understanding technology in the IVR (interactive voice response) system, enabling customers to simply say in their own words why they are calling, to then be routed to the appropriate representative.
- Nuance’s Nina Mobile and Tangerine Bank – Silver, Innovation in Customer Service (Financial Services). Tangerine Bank is the first bank in Canada to offer a voice-controlled mobile app with their new voice banking feature using Nuance’s virtual assistant, Nina mobile, providing an innovative, simple and hands-free alternative for their customers to bank on the go.
- Nuance’s Nina Mobile and ING Netherlands – Silver, Innovation in Customer Service (Financial Services). ING Netherlands utilizes Nuance’s Nina mobile to power Inge, the intelligent virtual assistant for mobile banking. Inge is able to derive a customer’s intent and execute the appropriate transaction, all through simple, conversational interactions.
- Nuance’s Nina Mobile and Domino’s Pizza – Silver, E-Commerce Customer Service Award. Domino’s Pizza utilizes Nuance’s Nina Mobile to power Dom, the customized virtual assistant within the Domino’s mobile app that lets customers simply speak, in natural language, to place their order.
- Nuance and Delta Air Lines – Silver, Customer Service Department of the Year. Nuance was honored with a Silver as the service provider for Delta’s Conversational IVR which is integral in providing an exceptional customer service experience. Using Nuance’s Conversational IVR, customers can simply speak when calling into the contact center to be routed to the appropriate agent. Delta also deployed Nuance’s proactive notifications to alert customers of important travel updates to their reservations. Related, Nuance congratulates Delta for winning the Gold Stevie Award for their overall excellence in Customer Service.
- Nuance’s Voice Biometrics and Banco Santander Mexico – Bronze, Innovation in Customer Service (Financial Services). Banco Santander Mexico replaced PINs, passwords and security questions in their automated phone system with Nuance’s voice biometrics technology to securely and automatically confirm the identity of Santander customers, using the sound of their voice.
“Entries to the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service awards have more than doubled over the past three years,” said Michael Gallagher, president and founder of the Stevie Awards. “The widespread support of this program illustrates the importance of the functions it recognizes to business success. This year’s Stevie Award winners are the highest rated in the history of the awards, and we congratulate all of the winners on their commitment to excellence and innovation.”
“We are honored to have received such high accolades from the Stevie Awards across multiple categories for exceeding expectations when it comes to customer service,” said Robert Weideman, executive vice president and general manager of the Nuance Enterprise Division. “It’s reassuring to see validation that our multichannel solutions are acting as key differentiators for our customers, allowing consumers to communicate in a more natural and intuitive way, creating engaging self-service experiences.”
The Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service are the world’s top sales awards, business development awards, contact center awards, and customer service awards. More than 1,900 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were evaluated in this year’s competition. Finalists were determined by the average scores of 139 professionals worldwide, acting as preliminary judges. More than 100 members of several specialized judging committees determined the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements from among the Finalists during final judging earlier this month.
Details about the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service and the list of Stevie winners in all categories are available at www.StevieAwards.com/sales.
About The Stevie Awards
The Stevie Awards are conferred in six programs: The American Business Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, and the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com, and follow the Stevie Awards on Twitter @TheStevieAwards.
About Nuance Communications, Inc
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Nuance and the Nuance logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States of America and/or other countries. All other company names or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Nuance Communications Contact: